“Statement” tee shirts – whether adorned with a brand name, logo, or provocative phrase- have been de rigueur of late. From “Living the Dream” and “Coffee O’Clock” – this genre has taken on a pronounced feminist/empowerment angle since the inauguration of you-know-who.
Some of these drew inspiration from Maria Grazia Chiuri, who debuted her first fashion show for DIOR in September of 2016 with models wearing “We should All be Feminists” tees.
Whether pointed or whimsical, there’s many great offerings for spring. Here are my picks:
- Girls Just Want to Have Fundamental Rights from Prabal Gurung
- Nevertheless, She Persisted from Prabal Gurung
- Femme Forever from Topshop
- Dream Believe Achieve from Sincerely Jules
- Trust Your Soul from Spiritual Gangster
- Feminist AF sweatshirt on Etsy
- Girl Power from Shop Two Songs
- We Should All Be Feminists – Another Etsy find!
- Sorry, I’m Not Sorry from Milly
- Good Girls are Boring from Milly
- Feminist Gangsta from Pam & Gela
- Sabine Tee from Juan Vidal