Forget what the groundhog may have predicted- winter is steadily receding, each day brings more sunlight, and that special time of year is almost upon us: Spring! While Spring in New York can at times seem like only a short few weeks before the heat of summer, you’ll of course want to look your best in the latest fashions. From Easter to a Kentucky Derby party to Mother’s Day brunch, turn the corner into Spring with these trends for 2017.
- Something Pale Pink – The fall featured the sanguine riches of Burgundy and Purple. Go lighter for spring and be “pretty in pink.” This color is not just for your daughter’s ballet class. I plan on buying a lot of Pink accessories.
- Logo go-go – Remember when we used to wear lots of Logos in the 90’s? That Gucci bag with tons of GG’s that a few years later you may have banished to the consignment shop? Well they are back. Logos on T shirts are particularly hot. When I saw so many editors wearing this Gucci Logo tee on their Caribbean holidays, I couldn’t resist.
- Off the Shoulder – Last summer the off the shoulder trend started, and this season the trend should carry on strong. Whether totally off the shoulder or “cut-out,” you will want one (or maybe two or three?) in your wardrobe this season.
- Ruffles – Ruffles have made appearances the past few seasons and this one is no different. I am looking for that perfect ruffly dress for some summer barbecues. Can’t wait!
- Red – My friend urged me to buy a Red coat on our recent trip to Rome, and I hesitated. Why oh why?? Now I see crimson hued offerings everywhere- it’s hot. Always a great accent color- a lightweight coat or a great red bag will add that “pop”of color, especially with Denim.
- Distressed Denim– This season distressed jeans become destroyed. Giant holes have multiplied and a raw or unfinished hem is key. Patchwork is also prevalent- and at every price point. I’ve even seen tie dyed and acid wash offerings. You definitely need a pair!
- Florals– Flower power is strong this season- as always a spring staple- and perfect timing too. What’s prettier than a floral dress at a garden party on a beautiful spring day? Perhaps with a glass of first-of-the-season rosé??