As the days shorten and the mercury readings edge gently and steadily lower, it’s time to break out your favorite sweaters… and of course to hear about your faithful fashion blogger’s picks for this Fall and Winter!
If you have already indulged in my reports on “My Love of fill-in-the-blank” (boots; jackets; my birthday and so on), here now 10 stylish, sexy, and cozy picks for Sweater Season:
- Rebecca Taylor La Vie Cotton Stripe Pullover- Everyone should have this Navy and White sweater staple in their wardrobe. If you haven’t checked out Rebecca Taylor recently, get involved, because her line is amazing and it’s at a very accessible price point. Available here.
- Autumn Cashmere Bell Sleeve Sweater- I bought this sweater unsure of the amount of use I would get out of it- and I can’t take it off. Autumn Cashmere makes super comfortable, affordable sweaters. The combination of the chunky cable knit detail with the bell sleeves is on point. Available here.
- Sacai Color Blocked Cable Knit Sweater- With great lace detail, I can see this piece paired with jeans during the day or black leather pants at night. Available here.
- Tory Burch Sabino Turtleneck- You need a Tory sweater in your wardrobe. She makes classic styles that are very flattering. Sign up for their newsletter and be on the look out for sales to snag a sweater like this great Sabino Turtleneck for a steal. Available here.
- Prabal Gurung Cable Knit Sweater – Prabal Gurung has fast become one of a fave few designers in my closet. I bought some knits from his last season line that I wore from day to night and this year I went back for more. Point and clickers, you can now find Prabal online. This turtleneck is a clear winner. Available here.
- Revolve Fair Isle Sweater by Penfield – Fair Isle is not just for skiing anymore. This print has become very prevalent the past few years- I have some from years past that I wear constantly. Invest in a nice Fair Isle sweater (or 2!). They are classic and show well from season to season – a classic winter look. Available here.
- Gucci Knits- Splurge but worth it! –Gucci makes great knits- and they last. I have a few that are ten years old. I usually wait for the after –Thanksgiving sales, just as the weather gets more consistently wintry. I love this particular striped sweater with metallic detail on the wrists and neck. Available here.
- Isabel Marant Ilia Open-Knit Sweater- Isabel Marant has become a hot cult designer. Her line is well worth checking out for knits each season. The one I feature below with the open holes is very chic. Layer it with a lace or cotton blouse for a special night out. Available here.
- Altuzarra Caravan Leather & Lace Stitched Sweater- This sweater is the ultimate splurge. It is perfect for that annual family getaway to Aspen, Vail or the Alps when you crave something warm but also trés chic for aprés ski. My shopper sixth sense thinks you’ll be able to find it on sale just ahead of Thanksgiving. Or go ahead and wave it in now! Available here.
10. Rag & Bone Lorraine pullover- This sweater screams holiday. While you’re running around on the December weekend to holiday shows, events, or skating beneath the tree at Rock Center, this Rag and Bone sweater will keep you warm while showing your Christmas spirit to boot! Available here.