Call me a big kid, but I still love my birthday. While it’s no longer a Carvel ice-cream cake with a slumber party I crave, a great dinner, night out and a few coveted gifts are always in my birthday wish list. And it’s not really just a day, more of a two week celebration! Here’s what currently on my “Happy Birthday to Me” List. Hopefully my husband is reading this!
- Gucci GG Marmont bag in Red Suede– Anything coming out of Gucci these days with Allesandro Michele at the helm is gorgeous. The Marmont bag comes in three sizes and is going to be seen everywhere this fall- just watch! I am thinking the cross body in suede.
- Leslie Odom Jr. at the Rainbow Room– You know him as Aaron Burr in Hamilton. His voice and showmanship stole the show. He’s performing on September 30th (my birthday!) and “I’m not going to miss my shot” to see him- I will be there! I wonder if that other guy who also just left Hamilton might show up…? Fingers crossed!
- A night at the Surrey– I have an obsession with this hotel. It’s elegant lobby, the bar, the roof deck. Now I need to sample the rooms! Oh husband…a “staycation” pretty please!
- Dinner at Le CouCou– To quote a recent New York Post review: “This NYC restaurant is one of the best restaurants of this century.” #WOW. That is a bold statement. The food and décor look amazing. Will it live up to this lofty hype? I want to find out! (Note: As an early birthday surprise my husband took me here last weekend and it definitely lived up to the hype!)
- A Cape- I love to wear a cape in the fall months in lieu of a jacket. Bergdorf has many choices. See you soon Tina Sussman!
- Flowers- my go to is Belle Fleur. I used them for my wedding and I have “trained” my husband to buy me flowers from there on special occasions! The arrangements are always beautiful and elegant.
- A print from Megan Hess –I want all of them. Is that asking too much? I especially love her “Fashion Doors” collection. Check out her website and I think you’ll see my point.